This is MY PHILOSPHY regarding our lives as humans. It is what my work is built upon:
This is the AXIOM of my work:
“You are not striving to become a BETTER YOU! No! You are striving to become better at BEING YOU!”
- We are ALL “neurotically normal“. Everyone has neurosis but not all of us are necessarily living neurotically all the time.
- We ALL have within ourselves the resources for change.
- You are NOT broken or abnormal. Your mind is functioning exactly how it was intended to function as a merciful reminder that there is something that needs to be restored or healed.
- All behavior has a purpose.
- See clients through the lens of normalcy not pathology (not broken, strategy etc.).
- I work with people & do NOT treat anything Movement is life! (useful vs. useless).
- “We live in the light of reflected action. The things that happened to us in the past are still happening to us every day.” (Dave Elman)
- We are NOT our adaptive self (enneagram personality type)
- We’re living in the trance of our BELIEFS of our personality!
- My work is client centered – I utilize what my client gives me; it’s like therapeutic dance
- Change can happen quickly – (Brief change work)
- We are socially interconnected!
- Encouragement should be at the heart of all change work/therapy!
- Feelings are NOT evil but are KEY TO THE CHANGE YOU DESIRE!